Visa requirements for foreigners entering Ukraine
Here you can check if you need a visa to enter Ukraine.
DP – holders of diplomatic passports
SP – holders of service passports
Grounds for visa refusal or visa cancellation
Decision on visa refusals can be made in the following cases:
1) necessity to ensure national security or public order protection;
2) necessity of health protection, protection of rights and legal interests of Ukrainian citizens and other persons residing in Ukraine;
3) availability of information about the foreigner or the stateless person in the database of persons whom the laws of Ukraine prohibit to enter Ukraine or whose exit from Ukraine is temporarily restricted;
4) travel document presented by the foreigner or the stateless person is forged, damaged, different from the original specimen or belongs to another person;
5) intentional submission by the foreigner or the stateless person of untrue information or forged documents;
6) proof of holding an adequate and valid travel medical insurance was not provided by the foreigner or the stateless person (if acquisition of such insurance is possible in the country where the application is lodged);
7) proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay or for the return to the country of origin, or for the transit to a third country, or proof of being in a position to acquire such means lawfully on the territory of Ukraine was not provided by the foreigner or the stateless person;
8) justification for the purpose of the intended stay was not provided by the foreigner or the stateless person;
9) intention of the foreigner or the stateless person to leave the territory of Ukraine before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained;
10) revocation of the visa was requested by the foreigner or the stateless person.
A foreign citizen or stateless person who has been refused a visa, has the right to challenge the decision with the Head of the Diplomatic Mission that considered the visa application. An applicant must reapply, with proof of visa refusal, and a letter of appeal, within two months of the date of the visa refusal.
If a foreign citizen or stateless person decides to withdraw the visa application, he/she looses the right to appeal.
Visa may be cancelled by the same authority that made the decision to issue the visa.